Monday, February 9, 2009

Blogging in the Classroom

I hope to use technology in my classroom. I just need more training. I think that it will make lesson plans easier and finding things to go along with your lessons, more interesting. Technology is the new up and coming thing. I feel that we as teachers will need to be able to incorporate it into our classrooms. It will make it easier for the students to also learn about it before they get into college.
According to David Warlick, "Essentially, anyone without the technologies for accessing the Internet, and the skills to use that technology, may as well not know how to read." This is why it is important to use blogs and technology in general in the classroom. This is what is all around us and students need to understand computers. This is why a blog would be helpful in teaching technology in the class.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that technology is very important in the classroom! I think using a blog in the classroom setting would be a great idea. I bet it would really help students when using project based learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true...technology is something that we must roll with, not fear it. All it takes is learning how to use it and how we can expand the full potential of the technology. And using this can help teachers with activities,lesson plans,and so much more.

    ReplyDelete